One Bite Of Polish Cake, Like Eating Ice Cream Puffs
Time to read 5 min
Time to read 5 min
Are you craving a sweet and delightful treat? Look no further than Polish Cream Puffs! These light and fluffy pastries are filled with a luscious cream filling that will leave your taste buds wanting more. In this blog post, we will explore the recipe for these delectable Polish cake puffs and guide you through the easy steps of making them at home.
To create this Polish Cream Puffs, you will need the following ingredients:
To create this fudgy brownies, you will need the following utensils:
- In a saucepan, combine 40g of unsalted butter, 40g of water, 60ml of milk, a pinch of salt, and 8g of sugar.
- Heat the mixture over low heat until it boils, then remove from heat.
- Gradually add 60g of cake flour to the mixture while stirring continuously until well combined.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and cook until the batter becomes smooth and a thin film forms at the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the batter to a separate bowl.
- Crack 2 room temperature eggs (100-110g each) into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs until well mixed.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs to the batter, making sure to fully incorporate each addition before adding more.
- The batter should be smooth and have a consistency that forms a smooth, triangular shape when lifted.
- Fill a piping bag with the cake batter.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and place small molds on top.
- Gently pipe a thin layer of the batter into each mold, leaving about half of the batter remaining for later use.
- Bake the cream puffs in the oven until golden and puffed. Once baked, let them cool.
- In a saucepan, whisk together 2 egg yolks, 25g of sugar, 6g of corn starch, 5g of cake flour, and 170ml of milk.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens to a consistency that creates a smoothly falling triangular shape.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, whip 70ml of whipping cream until it forms distinct patterns.
- Take the chilled custard out of the refrigerator and whisk it until smooth.
- Gradually fold the custard into the whipped cream until well combined.
- Spoon the cream filling into a piping bag and pipe it into the hollow center of each cream puff.
- Place another cream puff layer on top, forming a tower.
- Refrigerate the assembled cream puffs for 3 hours, or freeze for 1 hour for a firmer texture.
- Dust the cream puffs with powdered sugar before serving.
Cream puffs, also known as Polish cake, are delightful pastries that are loved by many. If you're thinking of making these delectable treats, here are 10 tips to help you achieve the perfect cream puffs.
Start by using high-quality ingredients such as unsalted butter, fresh eggs, and cake flour. These will contribute to the taste and texture of your cream puffs.
Baking is a science, so it's important to measure your ingredients accurately. Use a kitchen scale or measuring cups to ensure precise measurements.
Ingredients like butter, eggs, and milk should be at room temperature for better mixing and incorporation into the batter.
The choux pastry is the base for cream puffs. Cook the butter, water, milk, salt, and sugar until boiling, then add the sifted cake flour. Cook until the batter forms a film on the bottom of the pan. Let it cool slightly before adding the eggs.
When incorporating eggs into the choux pastry, add them one at a time and mix well before adding the next. This will ensure a smooth and well-incorporated batter.
Fill a piping bag fitted with a round tip with the choux pastry. Pipe small rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave enough space between each puff for them to expand during baking.
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Bake the cream puffs for 20-25 minutes until they are puffed up and golden brown. Avoid opening the oven door during baking as this may cause the puffs to collapse.
While the cream puffs are cooling, prepare a luscious custard filling. Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, corn starch, cake flour, and milk in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thick and smooth. Remove from heat and add butter. Let the custard cool before adding whipped cream.
Using a piping bag fitted with a small round tip, fill each cream puff with the custard filling. You can also slice the puffs in half and spoon the filling inside.
Cream puffs are best enjoyed fresh, but if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be enjoyed for up to 2-3 days.
Now you have a delicious batch of Polish Cream Puffs ready to be enjoyed! These light and creamy treats are perfect for any occasion. Indulge in these delectable Polish cake delights and wow your friends and family with your baking skills. Happy baking!
If you’ve tried this Polish Cream Puffs recipe, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!